EXHIBIT - ICD - R - CALENDAR COMMITTEE GUIDELINES
CALENDAR COMMITTEE GUIDELINES
ASSOCIATED CSD ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATION:
CALENDAR COMMITTEE GUIDELINES:
1. The first day of school for grades 1-12 will be the next to last Wednesday in August.
1.1. Most years the first day of school will be the third Wednesday in August.
1.2. In years when there are five Wednesdays in August, the first day of school will be the fourth Wednesday.
2. School for kindergarten students will start four days after the start of school for grades 1 – 12 giving kindergarten teachers three days for testing and assessing the needs of incoming kindergarten students.
3. Teacher contract days will be scheduled immediately preceding the first day of school.
4. A day for New Teacher Orientation will be scheduled the day before contract teachers return to work.
5. Labor day will be a school recess day.
6. Two half-day Data/PD Days will be scheduled; one in September and the second one in February.
7. Parent/Teacher Conferences will be scheduled the end of September or in October and again in February or early March followed by a compensatory day for teachers.
8. Brighton High Parent/Teacher Conferences will be scheduled in October, January, and April. A compensatory day for teachers will be scheduled following the October and April Parent/Teacher Conferences.
9. A Fall Recess will be scheduled to coincide with the UEA convention in October.
10. Election Day in November will be free of all calendar activities.
11. An End-of-Trimester or End-of-Term Day (no school non-contract day) will be scheduled following the end of the first and second trimesters or the first and third terms.
12. Thanksgiving Recess will include the Wednesday prior to and the Friday following Thanksgiving Day.
13. A two-week Winter Recess will be scheduled to include Christmas Day and New Years Day.
14. Martin Luther King Jr. Day will be a school recess day.
15. Washington and Lincoln Day (Presidents Day) will be a school recess day.
16. A weeklong Spring Recess will be scheduled during the first full week of April.
17. Memorial Day will be a school recess day.
18. School emergency closure days will be made up first on Washington and Lincoln Day (Presidents Day) and then during Spring Recess. If a school emergency closure day needs to be made up after spring recess, it will be scheduled by the District leadership in consultation with school principals.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of approved Canyons School District’s Administrative Regulations. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative administrative regulations are available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9150 South 500 West Sandy, UT 84070.